The Beatles

Diskussionen über Gruppen, Combos, Formationen und Bands
Benutzeravatar
Hallogallo
Beiträge: 1010
Registriert: 22 Jun 2023, 10:34
Has thanked: 741 times
Been thanked: 205 times

Re: The Beatles

Beitrag von Hallogallo »

https://www.uncut.co.uk/features/lost-s ... ul-156549/

Interessantes Interview mit Giles Martin zur Neuazsgabe von Rubber Soul. Es geht aber auch um anderes,

Cynical fans might say it feels like there’s a store of these songs that always seem to become available whenever there’s a new package. Is it just “Carnival of Light” left now? Do you feel there’s anything left?

I promise you that isn’t the case. My approach on these projects is to try and cast a net that doesn’t damage the ocean, so to speak – collecting everything from that period. What happens is you start going into people’s personal archives and collections, so I’m not necessarily aware of everything going in. I’m asking, “What do you have? Is there anything useful I can tap into?” – and that’s how we find this material. But I don’t think there’s anything else. I might always say that, and then turn out to be a bare – faced liar talking to you at the end of it – but I don’t think there is.

Do you think “Carnival of Light” will ever see the light of day?

“Carnival of Light” was my White Album period, in a way – I do sort of live in the era I’m working on. It’s interesting – I did think about doing something with it when we hit that period. “Carnival of Light” isn’t a song. When people ask about it – it’s not an unreleased song, it’s an experience. It’s not a song, it’s –

It’s like an installation, I guess. A sound installation.

Exactly that. I talked to Paul about it at some point – doing an installation based on “Carnival of Light”. But it’s not something to be released as a record. I think they did something with it at the Roundhouse originally – with lighting. It’d be a fun thing to do properly: find an amazing lighting person and build something around it. But it doesn’t need to be released on a record, because that’s not what it was for. My approach to all this material is not to do things just so people can add to their collection – that’s not what the Beatles were about. It’s about stuff that’s fun to listen to, that people play more than once. That’s the idea.


Ich würde Carnival of Light ja schon mal gerne hören.
We hope you all enjoy the show. And remember, people, that no matter who you are and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there're still some things that makes us all the same. You. Me. Them. Everybody. Everybody.
Benutzeravatar
salamandersalat
Beiträge: 688
Registriert: 07 Dez 2023, 17:38
Has thanked: 418 times
Been thanked: 174 times

Rubber Soul (Sessions)

Beitrag von salamandersalat »

In der zweiten Version von Norwegian Wood schlummert doch schon Tomorrow Never Knows.
Keramikvasen geh'n jetzt wieder viel leichter kaputt.

Zurück zu „Von ABBA bis ZZ Top“